Real Estate Investing Women (REIW) recognize that mindset plays a crucial role in achieving success. We strongly advocate investing in oneself as the only way to flourish and prosper. We tell our students that 90% of their success is going to depend on their mindset.
Developing a clear plan, learning from experts, and embracing continuous growth are some of the steps that can give you an edge as a real estate investor.
To invest in yourself, you need an open mind and willingness to learn. Make a commitment to work hard and achieve your goals every day. Additionally, take time to rejuvenate yourself with self-care and loving yourself through the process.
Here are some ways to help rewire your brain:
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention to the present moment without judgment. Being in the here and now. This practice can help to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and increase focus and emotional regulation. Regular practice can lead to changes in the structure and function of the brain. You’ll notice your days going smoother, worries lessening, and overall better mental health.
- Learn new things: Learning new skills or engaging in new activities can help to create new neural pathways in the brain. This could be anything from learning a new language or musical instrument to trying a new sport or hobby. This also helps build confidence in one’s self as they master new skills and tools.
- Challenge your brain: Engage in activities that challenge your brain, such as puzzles, crosswords, or Sudoku. These activities can help to improve cognitive function and increase neural connectivity.
- Get physical exercise: Regular physical exercise can improve brain function and help to create new neural connections. Exercise has been shown to increase the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampus, a region of the brain associated with memory and learning. Remember, “endorphins make people happy!” 🙂 (Quote by Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde)
- Manage stress: Chronic stress can have negative effects on brain function and can even shrink certain regions of the brain. Engage in stress-reducing activities such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises to promote healthy brain function. When you are less stressed, you can focus better and run your day in a healthy and well-balanced way.
Tips to cultivate a positive mindset and invest in yourself:
- Set Realistic Goals: Begin by setting practical goals, determining what you want to achieve, and how you plan to reach there. Knowing what you’re working towards is the foundation of a positive mindset.
- Gain Knowledge: Knowledge is power. Seek guidance from an experienced mentor or coach who can provide invaluable insights and advice to help you navigate the real estate investment process. REIW offers coaching and mentoring programs that focus on mindset and provides training and peer connections to foster your growth.
- Practice Self-Care: Invest in yourself by taking time to relax and recharge. Ensure that you get enough sleep, eat healthily, and engage in activities that bring you joy. Connect with like-minded women for encouragement through our Facebook group or events. Our student members love the community and having a whole group of women rooting for them no matter what.
- Encourage Positive Thinking: Our thoughts are in our control, and we don’t have to allow negative thoughts or beliefs to take over. Practice positive affirmations and gratitude, and align yourself with people, media, and groups that encourage you. I tell our ladies to always focus on the positive outcomes and not on what could go wrong. You attract more of what you think about.
Starting 2023 with a rewired mindset and investment in yourself is the key to success in real estate investing. Follow these steps to make 2023 your best year yet! At REIW, we believe in the power of community and sharing our knowledge and experience to support your growth.
Join our Facebook group or sign up for our live events to recharge your mind and invest in yourself.