Ladies, Is It Time to Make the Leap to Full Time Investing?
If you’re feeling stuck in an unfulfilling 9-to-5 job, have you considered taking the plunge into full-time real estate investing? The flexibility and income potential of running your own real estate business is appealing, but it can also be scary to take that first step away from the stability of a regular paycheck.
Here are some tips on making the transition smoothly while keeping yourself focused and motivated:
- Set a Deadline: Give yourself a concrete timeline for when you want to be doing real estate investing as your full-time gig. 6 months from now? A year? Knowing your goal end date will help kick your butt into high gear.
- Determine Your Minimum Income: Figure out how much money you need to be making from real estate each month in order to pay your basic bills. Having a monthly monetary goal will help you determine the minimum deals you need to close or properties you need to rent out to make that dream a reality.
- Maximize Your Time: We all have the same 24 hours in a day, so maximize yours! Make calls to potential clients during your commute, answer emails on your phone during lunch, and work on deals after the kids go to bed. Look at your schedule and find pockets of time that you can devote to your business.
- Plan Ahead: Use a planner to map out your weeks and stay organized. Outline the specific tasks and calls you need to make each day to hit your goals. Set time aside every day to work on your business and have a list already made with what you need to work on during that time so you’re not sitting there unprepared during that time. Planning ahead is key to using your time wisely.
- Stay Focused: It’s easy to get distracted or lose motivation, especially when first starting out. Write down your goals and the reasons you’re doing this every morning. Have an accountability partner or mastermind group to discuss wins and challenges.
- Believe In Yourself: This is a big change, but you can do it! Remind yourself that you have the strength and determination to take control of your career. Every successful investor had to start somewhere. If you keep up the hard work, you will reap the rewards.
Watch Laura’s latest YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/AeM9jgNseos
The transition to full-time real estate investing requires grit and smart time management. But with the right mindset and strategies, you can build your own thriving business. Take it one day at a time, maximize your minutes, and soon you’ll be kissing your 9-to-5 goodbye!